Each bowler and parent or adult in charge of a group agrees to the following Safety and House Rules:
1. Warning. Be cautious when bowling or using the facilities of the center. Bowling is an active, competitive sport requiring physical conditioning, coordination and skill and can present dangerous situations and the risk of serious injury. Due to the physical requirements of bowling, a fall or accident, and an injury, may occur regardless of the condition of the approach and other areas of the center.
2. Responsibility. Each parent or adult in charge, especially when children are bowling or present, is responsible for teaching each person in the group the Safety Rules and making sure the rules are followed.
3. Approach. No food or drink on the approach. Slippery, wet or sticky spots or substances can affect a bowler’s slide and delivery and cause a fall and serious injury. Inspect the approach each time before bowling and make adjustments. Take practice slides. If the approach is sticky or slippery, stop bowling and ask a staff member for assistance.
4. Ball and Shoes. Do not wear bowling shoes outside. If must step outside for any reason, shoes should be changed or use shoe protectors. Wear bowling shoes while bowling. Have the correct fit for the bowling ball and shoes. See a staff member for help selecting or changing a ball or shoes. Clean the soles of shoes before bowling, after going to the rest room or anywhere else inside of the center. Moisture, humidity or a slippery or sticky substance on the sole of a shoe can cause a fall and serious injury.
5. Foul Line. DO NOT CROSS THE FOUL LINE as lanes are treated with oil and are extremely slippery. Crossing the foul line can cause a fall and serious injury for which Astoria Bowl is not liable. If you accidentally cross the foul line, clean the soles of shoes before bowling. Ask a staff member for help.
6. Lanes. NEVER WALK ON LANES FOR ANY REASON as lanes are treated with oil and are extremely slippery. If a ball is stuck on lanes, ask a staff member for assistance.
7. Tripping Hazards. Watch for step-ups to and from the approach, settee and concourse and other areas of the center and keep all coats, bags and personal belongings out of the walking paths to avoid tripping. Tell a staff member about any tripping hazard right away.
8. Equipment. Mechanical equipment is dangerous and can cause injuries. Never walk onto lanes to retrieve a ball. If a ball or pin is stuck or the bumper must be raised or lowered, ask a staff member for assistance.
9. Ball Return. DO NOT PUT HAND INSIDE THE BALL RETURN. The ball return has moving parts. Serious injury can result from reaching into the ball return opening. Keep hands away from the ball return and ball return tray. Watch children and prevent them from putting their hands into ball return.
10. Risk. Each bowler bowls at his or her own risk and releases, discharges and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Astoria Bowl, its affiliates, directors, officers and employees from any and all losses, claims, liabilities, demands, damages, actions, causes of action or suits of any kind or nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’
fees) with respect to (i) all injuries to the bowler or any person or property, which may
result or arise from or relate or be connected with bowling and the condition of the
approach and other facilities of the center, (ii) any violation of these Safety Rules or (iii)
any act or omission by Astoria Bowl or any other bowler or person.
1. Astoria Bowl will strive to serve customers in a friendly and courteous manner. No person will be denied service on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability or age.
2. Astoria Bowl may refuse service or access to a center based on a customer’s inappropriate behavior or dress. Clothing displaying objectionable pictures/words may not be worn.
3. There will be no use of alcohol or illegal drugs, other than alcoholic beverages provided by Astoria Bowl, and no disruptive behavior (i.e., rough play or fighting) or use of profanity or foul language in the center.
4. Customers must comply with laws and regulations controlling the use of alcoholic beverages.
5. Customers must remain in designated public areas of the center.
6. Astoria Bowl does not permit outside food or drink (except birthday cakes or similar items approved in advance by Astoria Bowl) in the center.
7. No item which, in Astoria Bowl’s opinion, may be dangerous, encourage aggressive behavior or be disruptive is permitted in the center.
8. Astoria Bowl may, in its sole discretion, delay, suspend or end a bowling game or suspend or cancel a customer’s use of the center in whole or in part and at any time for any reason without penalty or refund.
9. Astoria Bowl is not liable for delays, postponements or other circumstances related to or caused by circumstances beyond its control including but not limited to the unavailability of lanes, loss of electricity, inclement weather, scheduling, fire, earthquake or flood.
10. Astoria Bowl will have no liability or responsibility for injury to a customer, or loss, theft or property damage suffered by a customer, while at the center, except to the extent such loss/damage is caused by Astoria Bowl’s willful misconduct.
11. Astoria Bowl will not keep score except by its automatic scoring equipment and is not responsible for equipment failure.
12. A customer may not display decorating or promotional material without Astoria Bowl’s permission.